Swachh Bharat Mission – Gramin
The Swachh Bharat Mission- Gramin or SBM-G is the Government of India’s (GoI’s) flagship rural sanitation programme run by the Ministry of Jal Shakti (MJS).
Using government data, this brief reports on trends for SBM-G along the following parameters:
- Allocations and expenditures;
- Physical progress of toilets built;
- Expenditures incurred under Information, Education, and Communication (IEC);
- Solid Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) activities; and
- Coverage and Open Defecation Free (ODF) status.