National Health Mission
National Health Mission (NHM) is Government of India’s (GoI’s) largest public health programme. It consists of two sub-missions: National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and National Urban Health Mission (NUHM).
Against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, this brief uses government data to analyse:
- Health finances under NHM to contain the COVID-19 pandemic;
- NHM approved budgets and expenditure;
- Availability of staff, beds, and ventilators;
- Decline in service delivery during the pandemic; and
- Maternal and child health outcomes.